Thursday, August 2, 2012

Dresses and Blouses and Shoes, Oh My!

So, everyone thinks about the beaaaaaautiful wedding gown when they think about the bride... but no one knows all the hard work that goes into thinking about pre-wedding events outfits.  No one thinks about it because no one really cares... only the bride herself.  As with many other things wedding-related, I have found out.

I met with one of my bridesmaids, Mariah, at the mall to find her some white shoes... but instead... I found a cute little white dress and a sparkly top at Express!!  Teeheehee.  Now, the fact that the shirt looks longer than the dress is just an illusion because the dress is strapless, so shift it downwards like 6 to 8 inches.  I'm going to wear the sparkly sequence top with a pair of skinny black jeans and these black ankle boots with stiletto heels for Saturday night in Las Vegas!  And big hair.  MUST have big hair!

The white dress will be for Friday night Vegas festivities... which will include Fun, Food, and Flirt Lounge!  My Maid-of-Honor Extraordinaire, Jackie, promised me I will stand out in the crowd with bachelorette accessories!

I'm mostly very shy and withdraw from public attention - but I will make an exception this time.  =P

I was very sensible when it came to my shoe choice though: strappy gold glitter wedges with a low heel ratio.  The bottom is soft padded rubber with heavy duty traction.  Dude, I am a Vegas pro.  I know how to survive Day 1 to make it through Day 2.  Then I can walk around in flip flops and bandaids on Day 3 because I'll basically be trying to not succumb to the massive hangover until I make it onto the airplane.

Next, I have 2 choices for my bridal shower:
I have this super cute brilliant blue cocktail dress or a long, flowing floral dress.

Since I'm not sure what the theme is going to be for my shower, I am leaving it up to my amazing MOH to help me decide!  How very exciting!  I've never had anyone throw me a party before... so this is like the coolest thing ever!  The details are a surprise, so it's very fun to think about and just wonder!  It's even MORE fun because I don't have to plan anything. Wedding planning is a 2nd job.

In fact, now I understand why people pay wedding planners mucho moola to take care of everything.  And I understand how women turn into Bridezillas.  I have had a few close calls... I'll admit it.  I'm sorry, girl-who-sells-hair-accessories-at-the-cart-in-north-county-mall.  I normally don't hold receipts up to people's faces and make them count the number of items.... twice. *FAIL*

(If Bi-Ying is reading this - she can relate to mall girl, circa dorm room 2002. I'm soooooorry.)

Last but not least... bathing suit for the Golden Nugget H2O tank!  The halter strap is removable and the cups are padded... I am going to feel very well protected and supported.  Haha.  I've been wanting to go for years and go down that clear glass water slide that winds through a shark tank!  It's not one of those crazy, booze-laden, nasty party pools like you see on TV.  This one is much calmer, relaxed, and maybe a bit family-oriented.  The Nugget is in old Vegas on Fremont St, so a little ways away from the action... but not any less fun!  SOOOoOoOOOooOOoooo EXCITED!


Thank you to EVERYONE in advance for making these special occasions happen!
I am a lucky girl!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love it all!! the swimsuit is super cute where'd you find it? Excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be an exciting next couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. B - I bought it at this place called Everything But Water in Fashion Valley Mall. Maybe we can go take a look at their swimwear when you're down in SD! It was the smoothest bathing suit experience ever. I looked around for 5 minutes, grabbed 1 set, tried it on, perfect! They come in actual sizes (0,2,4,6,8,10) and not just S/M/L so it's much easier: http://www.everythingbutwater.com/

    M - It is going to be super duper fun! You can burn some vacation time like a good employee and take time to have fun! If I can ever get enough sleep... I'm sure it will be very enjoyable! =P

    ReplyDelete