Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Creative Application

I applied for a freelance writing job at LivingSocial about a month ago.  I just thought that it would have been so much fun!  Anyway, I never got the call... but my friend Dawn was interested in reading the little blurbs I created anyway.  So, here they are...

Deal #1: 
Poppy restaurant (Seattle)
$25 for $50 of Food and Drink


At Poppy on Seattle’s Capitol Hill, drop the wimpy sampler platter and make way for the Herculean “thali” – a feast of Northwest inspired morsels served in a surge of small dishes. Pay $25 for $50 worth of food and drink – discover exotic sounding foods like Yarmuth Goat Cheese Flan, Muscovy Duck Breast, and Batata Wada. But if you get cold feet, never fear – you can always swaddle yourself in the warm, fuzzy comfort of a Hazelnut Coffee Buttercrunch or a Chocolate Malt Sundae. Happy Hour is Sunday-Thursday from 5pm to 7pm, where else will you find a $3 draft beer to wash down your thali? So dust the humdrum off your skinny jeans and get this deal. Share with friends or eat it all yourself – we won’t judge.

Deal #2:
Miami Standard Spa
90-Minute 'The Standard' Massage
Regular Price: $150
Deal Price: $60

You’ve got your nose to the grindstone every day and it’s no wonder you ache everywhere. Instead of shelling out for an ergonomic grindstone, hobble over to Miami Standard Spa for some holistic healing. For $60 (regularly $150), get a 90-minute “The Standard” massage. Consult with an experienced massage therapist who will patiently interpret your every knot and kink.  This massage is the spa’s namesake but nothing is standard about it. Unless standard here means using custom therapeutic bodywork techniques to bring about a stupefying euphoria enwrapped in a miasma of hydro and aroma therapies. Then yeah, it’s pretty standard. Massage sessions are all in-room treatments to provide a private and insulated sanctuary so you can ascend to a nirvanic state of peace and awareness. Individual results may vary.
 

5 comments:

  1. I think you need to send them this and tell them you've already applied. These are so good I think they should see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks!! I sent these in and their auto-response email was like - be patient and DO NOT contact us. That position is no longer available so they definitely filled it with somebody (better?!). =/ I'll wait for the next one.

      Delete
  2. Keep checking for more job openings and resubmit. These are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sold me on both!! They should contact you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I'm glad everyone thinks I deserve to write for LivingSocial. I will copy/paste these comments of approval into my next application! =)

    ReplyDelete