| IVORY SILK ROSE PETALS: I am looking to sell these 1,998 (Bodhi destroyed 2) for $20!! |
I have been busily crafting away for this wedding-o-mine. I originally had my heart set on an artistically designed petal-path aisle runner. It would have definitely NOT been a justifiable splurge at $150 + $150 delivery fee... it would have been nice for the photographs and the initial Oooo's and Ahhh's from all but in the end it would have been just a crazy mess of petals after I smeared it all around with my train.
So, I had sensibly opted for purchasing ivory silk rose petals online for $24 + s/h and would ask my coordinator to place 2 simple petal ribbons on either side of the aisle. I had picked apart about 600 of the 2000 petals when we went for a final consultation with the catering manager at The Omni. We revisited the 6th floor Palm Terrace and it was breeeeeezy! I had to really rethink the petals idea because there is only a 1 hour turnaround time of the ceremony area while everyone is enjoying the cocktail hour on the adjoining Sail Deck. The loose petals flying everywhere would certainly hinder the process.
Hence, I purchased 25 yards of Tulle for $1.00, (10) dried sugar starfish for $10.65 + s/h, and a new hot glue gun for like $3.99. And I don't think I did too shabby! I also bought 1 bunch of fake Heather from Michael's for about $5.99, but I barely used 1/4 of it and can store it away for later crafting ideas... sound investment! So, I made 10 chair decorations for about $25 - just about how much it would have cost me to buy ONE online!
I think that after the wedding I will start selling these wedding crafts for some side money because the profit margins are INSANE!
KNACKS
Next, I had to make "Identifiers" for the place cards to differentiate between Chicken, Salmon, and Vegetarian meals for each guest. So far, Chicken = 60%, Salmon = 37%, and Vegetarian = 3%. I found a small stamp kit of sea creatures at Michael's for about $4.00 and 3 purple inkpads for $1 each. I will be printing the place cards once we have a final head count and I can finalize the seating arrangements and then each person will have one of these stamps next to their name.
TIME FOR THE KNOCKS
I found out that my Uncle Bob will not be attending because he can't fly long distance due to health issues. My Aunt Rita, her husband, and my 2 cousins are not coming for health and miscellaneous/mystery reasons (??). My Aunt Amy, her husband along with my Cousin Sam & his family are also not coming - apparently without reasons. And my Cousin Willy may or may not be attending, depending on whether or not he will be laid off.
So, needless to say - I am bothered, annoyed, disappointed, angry, etc. I guess I never really expected them to come in the first place. I have not seen any of those people since I was about 10 years old anyway. They've never been to any of my other life events - so why bother now? It just super bugs because my mom made such a big deal over sending them their invitations according to proper Chinese traditional etiquette - and there was such family draaaaaaama about the whole thing.
Silver Lining: It cleared up some space and I get to invite a couple of friends who I will be very happy to see on the big day!!! YAY =)
Love!!!! I super love the starfish and ocean theme it's so cool and you're doing an awesome job decorating! So Joey had a friend over who had his other friend over last night... he told me that he was in Hawaii and got to SWIM WITH MANTA RAYS!!!! ommgggggg I told him I'd been bugging Joey for months about swimming with manta rays and sending him cool pictures of divers with rays, I thought they were just crazy random happenstances like this news story (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthpicturegalleries/7137251/Pictures-Manta-rays-swim-with-divers-off-the-coast-of-Mexico.html?image=1) makes it seem like... turns out people do it all the time in Hawaii... Can't wait till I have the time and money to go :P
ReplyDeleteThanks!! At first it was just a "coastal" theme... and now it is a full blown under the sea wedding. LOL
ReplyDeleteYes, I always thought that meeting any kind of large sea creature in the ocean is like some kind of freak accident. But I guess if you linger in a high traffic area long enough you'll eventually come across one.. and once is enough to be awesome forever! I can't wait until you have enough time and money to take me with you! LOL
My friend, Dawn, wants to swim with whale sharks in Mexico. I am too afraid of sharks and Mexico to go, ever. http://www.lonelyplanet.com/mexico/travel-tips-and-articles/76851
But that is the whole reason to do it. I want to do it because I'm afraid. OK, it sounds like an awesome adventure, too. But really, once I do it it won't be that scary anymore...or I'll have been eaten by sharks and everyone will say "I told her it was a bad idea."
DeleteI'm loving your decorations. The starfish turned out really nice. Good job!
Thanks, Dawn!! I will be among those who will say "I told her it was a bad idea" in between sobs. Hehehe.
ReplyDeleteMaaaaaybe after TusCon 2013, we shall set this whale shark business into motion. I'm sure BiYing will be more than excited to join - it seems like her kind of thing. =)
"Despite their size, whales sharks are considered harmless and are often referred to as 'gentle giants.'”
ReplyDeleteSo, I change my mind... Whale Sharks 2014!! What a majestic creature.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/312084_10151359252819616_458181082_n.jpg
Whale sharks!! YES!
ReplyDelete