Monday, April 7, 2014

When It Rains... It Pours

I've been so busy that I haven't really had a chance to blog. I'm in Week 13 of my Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages certificate program... I'm kind of running out of steam but I started out really strong so I'm riding on a strong 90%+ grade to the end.  I've lost track of time and just didn't have the *umph* to complete assignments a couple of times.  So, I won't be finishing with an A+ or anything... but I only need a passing grade of 70% to get my certificate. I still have 3 weeks to go and a final exam, so wish me luck!

My days have been so bizarre since I started my 2:45pm - 11:30pm work schedule.  I like the fact that I get to hang out with Will every day before I go to work.  We've been having so much fun and just have a smoother relationship overall because we can communicate efficiently (i.e. talking face-to-face), instead of texting over many hours due to opposite schedules and then waiting days in between to finally see each other.  We get to eat lunch together every day... we can run errands before I go to work... we walk the dogs... we do all sorts of things!  I'm sure the normal-scheduled couples are probably like... *duh*... but those are definitely newfound gems of treasured time for us.  I think 11:30pm might be a taaaaaaad too late, so I might try for like 10:30pm end time for my next shift bid. 

Even though I love my new schedule because of the benefits, I don't think I've transitioned too gracefully.  For example, just this past week I thought it was Wednesday pretty much the ENTIRE day until about 6pm... when I finally figured it out it was, in fact, Thursday!  I had missed my 12pm deadline for my homework assignment and told all my customers the wrong delivery date (Friday when it should've been Monday). 

Luckily, it didn't affect my quality check for this month... I got another 100% WOW call!  I am soooooo happy about this because I feel it helps me look like a super strong candidate for the specialty team I just applied for.  I'm also happy because my Lead, Supervisor, and Manager all take me out to lunch whenever I get a WOW call.  So far, I've been to Hash House, Serendipity 3, Nacho Daddy... and I'm waiting to see where I'm going next week for March's WOW call.  *Eeeeeee*

Even with all the awesomeness happening, my brain was really started to get a little crazy.  I also blame the monsoon season weather - the stormy weather really sends my sinuses into a tailspin and that kind of messes up my mental powers.  The skies have cleared up a bit and it's getting warmer again, so maybe that will be the end of that weirdness.

My dad's health has also been a topic of intense scrutiny these past couple of months.  It's been difficult to try to be a translator between him and his doctor, but its my familial duty and a priority - even before work.  It sucks and I wish it wasn't happening - but I have to be there for him and have my wits about me.  So, it's been a huge load of unexpected stress but it will be fine.

On a brighter note, I'm really happy with my sessions with the personal trainer.  She has a regimen set up for me to follow and it's challenging but adjustable to my needs at the same time.  She was really understanding about the limitations that my scoliosis places on my activity level - so she made sure there's nothing high impact and added weight machines that strengthen my back muscles.  My determination to get in better shape is motivated by the need to get my PCOS under control, once and for all.  The endocrinologist said that if my hormone levels look good in 3 months, then I can experiment with stopping my medications.  PCOS put me on a hormonal, emotional, and physical rollercoaster - and I'm ready to get off.

Lastly, in the middle of all this chaos... I've discovered a new little passion.  I was thinking about this really awesome pesto that I made like a year ago.  It was pretty basic: olive oil, garlic, walnuts, spinach, and basil.  It was delicious!  And then I thought about how disproportionately expensive fresh basil is compared to all the other ingredients.  I had this brilliant thought!  Why don't I just GROW MY OWN BASIL?!  Will and I took a trip to Home Depot - I bought a little pot, organic soil, gardening gloves, a small garden trowel, and a packet of organic basil seeds!  I should see in about 8-10 days if there will be any little sprouts... ^____^

P.S. - Will really wanted to buy this lucky bamboo... mostly because his zodiac sign is a sheep.  It's working, he's won the last 3 times he played poker! YAY

Do you spy a little Bodhi in this picture?

2 comments:

  1. strange I commented last night but it didn't show up...anyways, good luck with your final coming up, I know you'll nail it!!! That's super great you get to spend more time with Will. That's so important and precious to enjoy each other at real time and I'm so happy you're finally able to!! Good luck with the specialty team, I'm sending positive vibes your way, I have a good feeling about this one!!! =) Way ta go on the fitness training. Every little bit helps and I know you'll get better and better each day!! It sounds like your endo is being very attentive and thorough so I have high hopes you'll be healthier and healthier each day! Good luck with the basil growing!! When you make your first batch of pesto, throw a spoonful my way =P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished my final!!! I was apparently 1 day late... but I told her that I thought the Final was due THIS week because the syllabus said Week 16 (which is this week). I finished the assignments and quiz for Week 15 yesterday... so, I apologized for the mix up, but it was seriously an honest mistake. I wasn't trying to put it off or anything. So, it sounded like it's fine that I turned it in late, but I haven't heard back... we'll see what my final grade will be! *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete