Saturday, May 18, 2013

Settling in quite nicely...

It's been about 3.5 months since I've started my new job and after some small hardships such as an intense New Hire Training regimen, a hectic Incubation period, and an insane shift to work at 5am... I have to say that I am fully enjoying myself.

I am on this wonderful team of 10 and we call ourselves the Playful Pandaz.  We decorated our corner as a bamboo forest (shown incomplete in this picture... there are WAY more pandaz and the back wall is fully covered in green now).  I was assigned the role of Team Co-Captain and there are a few responsibilities.  At our weekly Zuddles - team meeting - I'm in charge of announcing the team members who received E-Props (great customer reviews) and SNAPS... I forgot what the acronym stands for, oops... where the team members say positive things about each other, no matter how big or small.  I'm also tasked with jotting down Zuddle Notes and then sending them out in an e-mail, which also gets posted on our team WiKipage.

My co-workers seem to like me as well.  During our "high school" themed week, yeah - the whole company participated, I was voted: Best Smile AND Most Huggable.  I was the only one who won two categories, I felt so honored!  heeheehee

Next, I'm also on the official Customer Loyalty Team - P.E.C. Club.  And that's for the entire call center, woot!  PEC stands for Personal Emotional Connection... which is what Zappos is all about.  Each day, we receive some time to make personal cards for our customers who we felt we had excellent and exceptional conversations with.  I will usually print out little pictures to glue on the cards, but once in a while I'll actually draw something with markers.  This one is of hot air balloons because a really awesome French lady from Albuquerque told me all about the wonderful annual Hot Air Balloon Festival in her town... it sounded lovely.  She told me to find her in the yellow pages if I ever go out there and we can attend the festival together... SO SWEET!

Anyway, the PEC Club dreams up ideas of how to encourage all the team members to want to connect with their customers, make more dazzling cards, and to make it worth their while.  One of the super cool tasks I have on that front is reading ALL the customer comment who fill out a survey, call in, or email in a compliment for the team member they spoke with.  I highlight the Top Ten team members of the week, summarize a couple of the most amazing reviews, and create a unique slide to capture everyone's attention - since these highlights will all be featured on the big flat screen TVs we have on our walls that displays our AWESOMENESS.

It was a really special moment for me to get on this team because I had to apply for it by submitting a great idea and my last 3 quality check scores.  I really, humbly, take super huge joy in always trying my best to deliver 100% WOW to all my customers because... that is where I feel my strength lies, and I enjoy it!  So, when I was accepted, it felt amazing!  It's called a club, but it's like a small task force for a big job.  In fact, during our upcoming Z-Mixer event, we're rolling out an old program that we're reviving and hardcore re-branding.  It's kinda a big deal... and I'm kinda part of it.  *YEAH, BABY!!!!*

I've also been to work on time every day and earned an extra vacation hour that I can use anytime I want and will never get denied.  Sweet!  I've really connected with my Lead and she is really great and believes in me!  In fact, she thinks I'm very dedicated and recommended that I look into this one position outside of the call center (secret to be revealed later...).  Even though I cannot apply for that position until August, she is going to set me up a shadow session so I can see what they do and decide for myself if I'd like to apply for it.  That is so unbelievable - after my horrible experiences with the County, I just feel so overwhelmed with happiness to be recognized as a decent worker and a nice person... and have someone looking out for my best interest.

Long story short, I'm very happy and still believe this life changing choice was, indeed, the right one!


I made this for the top secret program we're rolling out... and my friend Rocky looked at it and said "Who ARE you???"
Apparently, he was impressed. Haha
I never knew I had such artistry in me, Zappos is bringing it out of me!




2 comments:

  1. Wow Alvina I'm sooo happy for you! I'm so glad ur thriving at work. They are lucky to have u!! Can't wait to hear more about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank youuuu! I am doing great and doing projects, I feel happy and nicely integrating... hehe.

    ReplyDelete