I'm gonna give a you caaaandy...
Come on-a my house, my house
I'm gonna give you figs and dates and grapes and cakes eh!
Well, it has become a bittersweet reality to me that I will be moving out of my beloved home very soon. This was the first home that Will and I purchased back in 2010. It is filled with loving memories indeed.
Not that it is a perfect place to live... there's plenty of stuff to be annoyed about too. So, I think I will take a moment to go over both sides of the coin.
1) I've only seen the stay-at-home wife/mom next door leave the home 3 times.
2) A one-car garage means you have to park very... attentively. Oops.
4) Large birds peck at my sky lights.
5) Bodhi is scared of walking on the laminate floors.
6) No central AC, no longer ok due to 21st century global warming.
7) Moss is growing on my roof.
8) The HOA is astronomically high due to over a decade of mis-budgeting and we need a new roof.
9) Kitchen Space : Gadgets ratio is insufficient.
10) One mysterious light switch that doesn't turn anything on or off.
11) The headaches of home ownership.
Awesomeness
1) My other neighbor is very friendly and likes cookies.
2) Will always gives me the garage so I never have to find street parking.
3) I feel very peaceful at home.
4) Soaking in the grandness of the tall ceiling from the bottom of the stairs.
5) I love my floors, paint colors, bathtubs, door handles, and track lights.
6) Watching TV while I'm cooking in the open kitchen.
7) Living room has great acoustics for listening to Dido.
8) Plenty of living room space to be the at-home contestant on Dancing With The Stars.
10) Running downstairs... I grab the rail & get some air when I hit the turn.
11) Feeling the heaviness and solidness of my front door.
12) Immense closet space.
13) The little stepping stones in my back patio.
14) We're getting a new roof this month. Goodbye, moss.
15) The pride/joy of home ownership!
I made a video to pay homage to my home: 7777 Stalmer Street Forever! At first I started out making a short film to highlight some of the features of my home so that I can send it out to people who are interested in renting it. Then the project took on a life of its own and ran away from me! So... here is a 6 minute video with its own epic soundtrack, lol. Please enjoy because it's the last time it will ever look like this! *sadface*
Very nice video!!! I'm going to miss your house! I'm glad I got the privilege of staying at your house a few times!! I need to take advantage of your floor space so I can be on Dancing with the Stars...but then again I probably should be a star first, or a professional ballroom dancer...haha! Her's to happy memories and new beginnings!
ReplyDeleteAwww. Sweet video, awesome soundtrack indeed. hehe. So glad I got to visit you in your first home. Good luck with the move. Adventure is out there! =)
ReplyDelete