Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine'z Day!

So, just when I thought free lunch and beverages were like amaaaaaazing... I got this crazy memo in my email:  Hyundai W. Sahara has come to an agreement to offer EMPLOYEE PRICING to all Zappos employees as well as their friends and family.  There is a "Dedicated Zappos Liaison" at this dealership who serves as a contact for this purpose.  I had looked into getting one of their hybrid cars a while ago when I was on my Smart Car kick... maybe now it will be a more viable option for the future.

And then just when I thought that memo was craaaaaaazy... my sanity got served again like two hours later!  Zappos.com Employees can now buy a car easier than ever before at Henderson Nissan with PICK and PULL PRICING!  We can show our Zappos badge and "pick" a new Nissan, then they will "pull" the invoice and we will pay the dealer's price.  Nissan Leaf was also something I was looking at... hmmm...

I'm definitely not getting a new car for like the next 5 years, so if anyone wants a new Hyundai or Nissan... it would be interesting to see exactly how pimp these employee hookups are.  So, if you don't mind buying a car in Las Vegas and driving it back, let me know!  And if it's totally a sham and sucks, then at least we will have tested it out!

Back to the lunch and beverages... I get free Soup, Salad, and Sandwiches every day.  So far I've tried the following soups:  Mushroom Barley & Beef, Clam Chowder, Chicken Noodle Soup, Tomato Basil, Cheddar Broccoli, Autumn Squash, Chicken & Orzo, and White Bean & Beef.  They were all delicious!  Hot lunches are $3.00 and we always have 3 options to choose from each day, one being vegetarian.  I've only tried 2 dishes: Vegan Falafel and Pork Loin.  I also had the VALENTINE'Z DAY LUNCH SPECIAL... it was $3.00 for Sirloin Steak, $5.00 for Lobster Tail, or $7.00 for Surf & Turf (both).  I had the Lobster Tail w. lemon butter, creamy mashed potatoes, and broccoli.  Heavenly!

Valentine'z Day is pretty awesome at Zappos.  They created a mini-festival with a game booth for raffle prizes, a photo booth w. fun props, one for free valentine's card grams to send to fellow employees, one with delicious berries, and one with PUPPIES!!  Yes!  There were 2 little puppies from a local shelter who needed to be adopted and after spending a day in the arms of doting Zapponians, both of the little guys found new loving homes!  There was also a horse drawn carriage that gave out free rides all day to employees & visitors (we have like 3 tour groups a day or something like that).  Oh, and the awesome love songs being blasted all day long at the festival and the live Boy Band created by a group of team leads dressed up in wild outfits... the video's on my facebook wall.

Anyway, suffice it to say... I have survived Week 2 as well.  I have Monday off since it's a holiday and on Wednesday I'll be taking our infamous New Hire Training Final Exam - 90% to pass... or (you guessed it) termination.  I'm going to study my butt off, don't any of you worry.  Have a great long weekend!!!


4 comments:

  1. Ok, that's it. Does Zappos need a doctor? We do clinics at high school so the kids don't have to miss school to see a doctor. I'm sure Zappos could use the same, right? See if they want a radiologist as well. Save us a spot, we'll be there in 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puppies... seriously? Cause I want a job with puppies

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Khoa wants his new car, I'll let you know!! I like your scarf, you look so nice and spiffy! Zappos just keeps getting better and better! So much fun!!! Good luck on your exam on wed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LoL, we have some on-site services like dry-cleaning, car washing, and tax filing. I asked about chiropractic and they said that there's an issue with liability - but! massage is fine and they're working on it right now. Maybe in 4 years, we'll have onsite Dr.s! You BETTER come! PUPPIES!!!!

    Thanks! I also wore bright red skinny jeans - my VDay outfit! Khoa's getting the Tesla! He doesn't want a noooormal car like a Hyundai or a Nissan... psssshhhh... my polkadot Camry rules! =)

    ReplyDelete